Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day Negative 2

Notes from Mom:

Steve had a very bad night last night. He got a fever of 102 but they iced him down and got his temperature back to normal. He had a very bad reaction (rashes) to the ATG (medicine they give him for his blood transplant) but they gave him benadryl to help with the reaction.

He only ate once today, but the doctors say one day shouldn't hurt. He just has to start eating again tomorrow.

He has been sleeping all day.

The good news is that as of midnight tonight, everything is done. He will be done with chemo and the ATG.

Thanks again for all the support.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Steve,

Hang in there buddy. I hope you wake up feeling better and stronger.

You are in my prayers and always in my heart.

I love you.

Aunt Cheryl

Corinne Romano said...

Hey I've been wanting to visit him but I know chemo is a hard time and I don't want to visit if he's having a bad day and isn't really up to it. Would it be okay if I visit later on today around 1 or 2? I'll be with our friends Paul Aloisio and Mike Nicastro and maybe others. Hope he's feeling better than he was yesterday!

Corinne Romano

Laurie B. said...

You made it through the worst part. Eat with your mind, not your stomach. You have to eat to stay "strong", even if it's just liquids. Hang in there buddy...We love you and are pulling hard for your recovery. Love, Laurie B.